Congratulations are in order for the United States of America for managing to be #1 in all the areas that count. The rest of the world could only dream of reaching such levels of accomplishment. The United States is:
- The world’s #1 weapons exporter, exporting mechanisms of death to nearly 100 countries in only 5 years.
- The world’s #1 possessor of weapons of mass destruction, among them a mind-boggling 6,200 nuclear warheads.
- The world’s #1 spender when it comes to its military budget, with a true cost of $1 trillion a year and counting. That’s almost as much as the rest of the world spends on defense combined.
- The U.S. is #1 when it comes to caging human beings behind bars, with its incarcerated population dwarfing the rest of the world’s. Despite having just 5% of the earth’s population, it holds an astonishing 25% of the earth’s incarcerated population.
- And now, with the government’s complete and utter failure to respond to the coronavirus pandemic it was warned about as early as January 3rd, the US has more COVID-19 cases than anywhere else in the world. As of this writing (April 2), a staggering 201,312 of the world’s 694,343 active cases are in the U.S.A. But don’t worry. U.S. “Intelligence” agencies (the same people who brought you that story about WMD in Iraq) are coming up with creative new ways to blame the Chinese government for America’s unenviable predicament.
America truly is the exceptional nation.
So how is that great American ‘exceptionalism’ going for everyone? With income inequality at an ALL time high, who in their right mind thought that a virus crisis of this magnitude would not get out of hand?
You cannot keep a huge segment of the population so poor that they are either homeless or are one paycheck away from homelessness. Even those who are in the middle class are stating that they, for the first time, are having to make their way to food banks. They are having to hash out rent payment arrangements with landlords who will go for that as many want ALL of the rent, bar no excuses.
The US is busy exporting weapons to kill people, not to mention having a trillion dollar war chest, to go to war with whom?, because I don’t know since NO other country or nation or ant farm on this planet has threatened this corrupt shithole AT.ALL. But yet, there is not enough medical equipment to go around to treat people who have contracted a lethal contagion. Doctors and nurses are begging for masks, MASKS..in order to protect themselves from contracting this virus so that they can continue to treat the sick.
And that leads me to the next problem, the coronavirus sick are now incarcerated and this shithole incarcerates more people than ALL other countries, nations and ant farms, COMBINED and that is totally ludicrous seeing as how this shithole accounts for only 5% of the world’s population while incarcerating 25%. How does that even make any sense? And yet, thanks to coronavirus, some municipalities have been opening the doors of jails and releasing some inmates early who were scheduled to be released within 60 days anyway. They could have been doing that shit all along. The majority are only in there because they were too poor to make bail or were still awaiting trial since there is no ‘right to a speedy trial’ anymore. But now jails and prisons are breeding grounds for coronavirus and with both jail guards and prisoners contracting coronavirus, what in the world do you think is going to happen next? Whatever it is, it ain’t gonna be good, that’s for damn certain.
Also like the article intimated, with so-called spy agencies working around the clock, why didn’t those dumbasses clue us in on the fact that coronavirus was headed over here? Instead, they are starting the blame game when it is far too late for that shit now. We need solutions, NOW. We need face masks, PPE, ventilators, isolation rooms and the situation is becoming more dire by the nanosecond while those assholes in congress continue to engage in Quién es más macho. No one has time for that shit especially those who have not been able to pay their rent this month. There has, supposedly, been some relief for certain home owners, but not for renters. And many landlords are not going to look kindly on tenants who don’t pay their rent because many of them are complete assholes and are screaming, “Broke!”
What we have is a tsunami of shit that’s about to crash and make the Great Depression seem like a mere ripple in the pond. But know this, now is not the time for apathy or complacency. It is not the time for kicking back and simply waiting for this virus to pass especially seeing as how the current ‘stimulus’ package only helps corporations. And if there is to be a next stimulus package, guess who is going to get helped out again. It won’t be us, that’s for damn sure.
So yeah! We are number one alright. We are number one for all the wrong reasons. Still feeling that ‘exceptionalism’, they’ve been screeching about? I didn’t think so!